Shipping & Receiving Associate
Methuen, MA | Contract
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks goods against shipping documents for accuracy and authorizations. Verifies identification and quantity of products to be shipped.
- Prepares waybills, commercial Invoices and performs export filings. Stamps, stencils or attaches information and shipping instruction onto containers.
- Maintains inventory of cartons, tapes, foam and other packing materials.
- Prepares and maintains records of goods shipped, including documentation associated with the export of hazardous materials. May be assigned responsibility for the shipment of hazardous material in coordination with the licensing and safety personnel.
- Maintains records of goods received. Performs receipt data entry. Processes damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routing material to inspection, stores or other destinations.
- Receives and unpacks goods. Checks receipts against waybills, packing slips, etc. Verifies nomenclature, identification and quantity. Prepares discrepancy reports when needed.
- Determines packaging requirements. May pack goods for shipment in accordance with applicable specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods and routes. May build or brace special crating fixtures for shipments.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma and 4 or more years of shipping/receiving experience in a corporate environment. May substitute additional education in lieu of work experience
- Hazardous Shipping Certificate preferred.
- Experience using ERP Software is preferred.
- Requires good understanding of shipping and postal regulations, ability to operate postal metering machines, organizing ability, communication skills, and ability to work independently.
- Requires a good knowledge of shipping/receiving policies, and practices and techniques for crating and packing materials.
- Proficient office computer skills including word processing, e-mail, and Internet software.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.