Senior Software Test Engineer
Chelmsford, Massachusetts | Contract
Senior Software Test Engineer – Test Lead
Job Summary: As a Test Lead for one of our software development teams, your role will be to lead the planning and execution of manual and automated tests that verify software. You are an individual contributor who leads other test engineers and collaborates with developers, systems engineers and project managers to deliver software verification and test tools in accordance with project and regulatory requirements and schedules.
- Plans integration and verification testing and related activities
- Leads execution of plans by delegation and individual contribution
- Creates and executes high quality efficient manual or automated integration and verification tests for embedded software applications
- Creates or specifies software tools and fixtures to support testing
- Stays current with software test methodologies and trends
- Demonstrated success leading software verification of an embedded software application
- Knowledge of an advanced programming language (e.g., C++, C, Java, Python)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Positive attitude and affinity for teamwork, logic, innovation, initiative and self-sufficiency
- Knowledge of SDLC tools including bug tracking, code repository, and requirements tracing
- Experience with test automation, helpful, but not required
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS/MS degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related science or mathematics discipline
- At least 6 years of software testing experience, with at least 4 years testing embedded software applications
- Experience with medical device development is preferred, but not required
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.