SMT Operator - 1st Shift
Nashua, New Hampshire | Contract
- Responsible for both automated (Pick and Place Machines), and manual (Hand Placement) of surface mount & mixed technology components and manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for machine set-up, operation, and adjustment of SMT assembly line equipment.
- Monitors and maintains equipment during both operation, and pre-arranged PM maintenance schedules to meet company standards detailed in machine work instructions.
- Must be responsible for completing (his/her) own production related documentation.
- Provides support to the Quality Assurance of the product being built in real time by assisting the inspector in monitoring (his/her) own work after printing, placement, and reflow.
- During times when the inspector is temporarily not available (breaks, lunch, etc.), the operator will cover for the inspector by visually inspecting product exiting the oven and marking defects to be reworked.
- Operators will adhere to the instructions of the SMT Inspectors assigned to their lines at all times. Discrepancies’ between operators and inspectors will be resolved by following the SMT Escalation process, until a solution is determined. At no time will an operator override an inspector.
- May be assigned to temporary duties, or other departments by the SMT Supervisor, or assignee, on an as-needed basis
Perform additional tasks outlined by Management to help company promote an environment focused on continuous improvement and teamwork