Quality Inspector - 2nd Shift
Laconia, NH | Contract
Perform visual and dimensional checks on materials, assemblies, tube details, components and finished goods. Inspect and test, components, parts, tube details, and assemblies to validate conformance to blue prints and instructions by customer, and to company operating procedures by performing the following duties. Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies physical properties and size of materials such as plates, sheets, structural shapes, castings, forgings, dies, fixtures, and work produced by fabricators, joiners and machines.
- Examines defective parts to determine cause of defect and may recommend changes or modifications to defective parts to determine cause of defect and may recommend changes or modifications to process, materials, or equipment.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
Current Mon-Fri hours: 3: 15pm-11: 45pm