Quality Assurance Technician
Nashua, New Hampshire | Contract
The Quality Assurance Technician may work with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Finance or Suppliers for issues related to the quality of hardware materials.
roles & responsibilities
- Verification of C of C’ s, raw material certificates, and test data for incoming hardware to ensure compliance to purchase order and customer or industry specifications.
- Use of standard inspection equipment to measure parts (calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, CMM, etc.)
- Review ON HOLD parts at incoming, work with supply chain to correct documents errors or perform paradigm transactions for RMAs. Elevate non- conforming hardware to SQE for evaluation/ disposition.
- First article verification IAW AS9102. Experience with DISCUS ballooning software a plus
- Run reports in Paradigm for data collection such as part history & traceability.
- Administrator for MRB status.
- Process parts post MRB review. Perform necessary transactions in paradigm for the return of non-conforming materials, return to production or scrap.
- Compile data for purge or containment of materials as directed.
- Build inspection profiles for incoming hardware.
- Salvage Hardware Process: Inspect salvaged hardware for damage and conformance to drawings. Perform transactions in Paradigm in accordance with final disposition.
- Support other activities of the quality department as directed.
qualifications & requirements
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents including: engineering drawings, product specifications, statements of work, purchase orders, material certificates and finish specifications.
- Understanding of GD&T and IPC standards.
- Knowledge of industry standards related to connectors, components, hardware, machined parts and finishes. IPC-610, J-STD-001, IDEA-STD-1010 and others as applicable.
- 2+ years of related Quality experience
- Use of Paradigm ERP software preferred
- Daily use of Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must be proficient using the Internet
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds