Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Direct Hire
Plans and manages programs/projects from concept through customer acceptance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position responsibilities include:
- Use engineering ability in shock and vibration to support current business and develop additional business for Barry in assigned market segment.
- Communicate with and provide customer engineers with technical proposals, concepts and quotations for the resolution of shock and vibration problems.
- Plan and manage programs/projects from concept through customer acceptance. This includes initial design and analysis, prototyping, testing, iterative design and analysis, and transition of programs to production.
- On-going product support, including DFM, FMEA, and assistance in cost reduction programs and continuous improvement teams.
- Able to communicate clearly with customers and people at all levels
- Advanced Quality Planning Training
- PPAP and other TS16949 or AS9000 training requirements if working on covered applications.
- Able to perform mechanical engineering assignments of wide complexity under general supervision with considerable discretion.
- Able to schedule routine work on own and complex work with supervisory guidance. Able to complete and manage all documentation including NPIP, technical quotes and proposals, project schedules, cost plans, and purchase requisitions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor' s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Plus 2+ years of experience
Special Skills Experience in Railroad Market/ Elastomer Design along with Defense/Aerospace Applications
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.