North Hartland, Vermont | Contract
Our client, a local Vermont complete designer and manufacturer of precision tools, gauges and fixtures is seeking a Programmer to join their team. You will work with companies in the field of aircraft engines, aerospace, medical equipment, optics, precision instruments, automotive, public utilities, etc.
Successful candidate will be responsible for developing MasterCam programs for machining on 5-axis Mills, 3 axis Mills, Y axis lathes and two axis lathes. utilizing CAD/CAM programs, preferably SolidWorks and MasterCam. You will also be responsible for Programming of CNC equipment along with Creation of Setup Sheets and Tooling Selection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop programs using off-line software
- Confirms machine program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to read blueprints
- CAD experience (preferably SolidWorks)
- Experience operating CNC equipment
- Experience programming CNC Equipment
- Proficient in G-Code Programming and Editing
- Strong math skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be mechanically inclined