Process Technician - 1st Shift
Salem, New Hampshire | Contract
Do you have strong Process Technician experience? Like working in an environment as a the go to person and assisting with troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and engineering tasks? This job could be for you!
Our client in Southern New Hampshire is seeking a Process Technician for their 1st Shift.
In this role, you will provide technical support to process engineering and production personnel. Duties will include:
- Support employees with technical help on routine and complex production problem to ensure that production goals can be met and motivate employees to achieve quality, efficiency, productivity and teamwork standards.
- Maintain and perform repairs of equipment to ensure maximum up time and output from equipment.
- Perform programming of equipment and validate first time production runs.
- Work with process engineers to solve complex production issues and support manufacturing engineering to develop accurate process documentation and continuously improve operations.
- Follow Production Schedules provided by the Planning Group and provide accurate status of work in process and other statistical data and required reporting.
- Assist with training of new employees.
- Work with other shifts to provide a seamless transition, proactive communication, and mutual understanding between shifts.
- Follow process and procedures as established without deviating unless approved by the Production Manager or Process Engineering.
- Participate in structured continuous improvement and process development teams.
- Maintain a safe working environment while implementing and supporting safety policies and good housekeeping practices
- Associate Degree; Technical field preferred
- 3-5 years of previous experience
- Mechanical aptitude for sophisticated automation
- Ability to work with computerized manufacturing equipment
- Adapt and learn new skills due to continually changing work environment
- Proficient with data analysis, strong problem solving including publishing and documenting the results is preferred
- Analytical thinker who is very task oriented and has strong attention to detail
- Excellent PC skills inclusive of proficiency in the use of most Windows based software, both stand alone software as well as equipment based. This includes, but is not limited to AS400 MAPICS routing maintenance, Lotus Notes, Windows Word, Excel PowerPoint (proficient with creating and formatting spreadsheets, formulas, as well as macros) Project, and other standard programs
- Excellent time management skills
This is a growing company with a great work environment and team! Don' t miss out - Holiday pay from day 1
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.