Haverhill, Massachusetts | Contract
In this position, the Plant Accountant will play a strategic role in the operations of 2 business units within a high production manufacturing environment. Will be accountable for the administration of accurate accounting and financial control for the plant. Including the development of budgets, forecasts, cost information, payroll and financial control of the Plant. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager and will require working closing with all department within the plant including overseeing a 2 person AR department. Will also work closely with the divisional Accounting Department and Corporate Accounting Department in order to maintain corporate and divisional policies and practices.
- Accountable for the complete auditing of physical inventories.
- Establishes all inventory control procedures. Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory analysis and reconciliations. Responsible for all plant asset inventory controls. Maintains the fixed asset inventory records of the Plant. Responsible for accounting distribution of obsolete and salvageable material
- Maintaining accountability of production and material by-products and disposal. Work with vendors on quality problems determining when and if claims should be filed. Establish programs on cost reduction of supply items
- Directs general accounting transactions, petty cash funds, accounts payable invoicing, and inventory control procedures between plant and division.
- Initiates all reports as required by divisional and corporate accounting on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Provides local management with financial and statistical information to enable them to better control operations.
- Develops and administer plant budgets in conjunction with Plant personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing and presenting plant' s financial conditions. Analyze financial statements and make recommendations
- Participates in overall planning and policy making of the plant as a member of the plant manager' s staff.
- Analysis of process flow and material usage in order to spot inventory trouble spots.
- Solves all problems relating to payroll including errors and misunderstandings with employees
- Responsibility for ensuring Plant Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- University Degree in Accounting.
- Over 3 years’ experience in cost or general accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of plant accounting and its workings within the divisional and corporate structure.
- Knowledge of plant property assets and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting, accounts payable, petty cash, and cost accounting.
- Detailed knowledge of company payroll system. Complete knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements and point out trouble spots to management.
- Must be able to recognize existing and changing market conditions in order to give accounting advice to various departments in their day-to-day job decisions.
- An understanding of lean production process and product ingredients to insure accurate charges of expenditures through accounts payable.
- Looking for someone who has solid manufacturing experience as well as experience with operational support
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings