Westborough, Massachusetts | Contract
Materials Project Manager (“ MPM”) manages all Profit Key sales order delivery commitments and changes per the direction of program management by working with the Customer Focus Team’ s (“ CFT’ s”) lead buyer and production activity control. The MPM is responsible for tracking all material alignment statuses in support of the manufacturing work order start dates along with communicating demand change recommendations to the CFT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop initial and near-term product delivery commitments to program management.
- Manage day-to-day supply and demand decisions for specific customer or group of customers.
- Provide material alignment status to work order statuses on WOSR.
- Initiate the demand change authorization form (DCAF) for all new demand load or changes to the existing schedule within the guidelines of the Closed Loop Planning Process and manages the sales order process.
- Coordinate and lead Weekly Product Delivery Commit Process.
- Ensure on-time delivery of material kits to production.
- Analyze demand patterns and make recommendations to the site material lead for planning and manufacturing strategies. Strategies to include planning methodologies such as POQ, lot sizing and discrete builds.
- Participate in the ECO Implementation for open manufacturing orders (WIP).
- Demand changes & impact analysis of materials, WIP, FGR, etc.
- Provide E&O analysis on a monthly basis to the program manager.
- Highlight the changes from excess and/or obsolete status of material.
- Manage materials relating to the procurement process through the MRB function.
- Performs “ what if” material analyses.
- Report ongoing delivery status to CFT. Expedite material through purchasing and reprioritize production plans as required.
- Work directly with the CFT to coordinate all demand and supply actions to align materials to planned manufacturing work orders.
- Provide direction and demand change recommendations to the CFT based on material and short-term capacity constraints.
- Communicate new ship dates to the Customer and the CFT based on escalated final material in dates.
- Support and follow all ISO standards related to companies various Quality Management Systems. These systems may include, but are not limited to, quality, the environment, health, safety and security.
- Support all corporate and site 5S objectives.
- Perform all other duties, as required.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be a team player and highly motivated.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent manufacturing planning experience
- Thorough understanding of MRP principles and Supply Chain Management Concepts
- APICs CPIM certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in contract electronics manufacturing.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.