Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor-1st Shift
Newington, New Hampshire | Direct Hire
Our Client who is a 12 Billion Global Technology Leader when it comes to fiber optics is now looking for a
Talented Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor!
An ideal candidate for this opportunity will have a track record as a Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor or Leader with the ability to motivate others and build effective teams.
This position will provide supervision of the Maintenance Department, in conjunction with Department Manager and Supervisor(s). The individual will work with the Maintenance Manager to determine work requirements, participate in scheduling and provide daily direction of tradesmen to attain completion to support manufacturing operations. Individual will work closely with electricians and technicians in troubleshooting and development of improved controls.
The position reports to the Maintenance Manager
The individual will provide supervision of the Maintenance Group, including mechanical, electrical and other disciplines. This individual will be responsible for daily maintenance and improvement of 5S+1 and TPM programs in the electrical shops and support areas. The individual will maintain an inventory system to identify parts, inventory levels and source of replenishment to support maintenance activities.
Work will include locating and ordering parts and materials, including component repairs, to support maintenance activities. Individual will work with department personnel (salaried and hourly) to achieve department goals and improvements of the Maintenance operations.
Skills and abilities should include the following:
- Proven track record of at least two years of solid manufacturing experience directing skilled and semi- skilled employees
- Strong electrical knowledge to be able to understand requirements of work and materials and be a resource to tradesmen
- Knowledge of PLC systems, variable frequency and DC drives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Internet usage. Ability to learn similar type operating tools.
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum Qualifications to include high school diploma or GED and two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment