Westford, Massachusetts | Contract
Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- To maintain, repair and improve manufacturing laser equipment in support of production. To provide routine maintenance within a preventative maintenance program.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics both analog and digital.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic equipment.
- Experience working with power supplies and industrial controls.
- Experience with optical alignment of high powered CO2 lasers, rail alignments on Yags.
- Require a basic understanding of CNC programming and G codes.
- Experience with motion control equipment. X, Y, Z and rotary drives both ball screw and direct drive.
- Estimates labor time for repairs and requisitions repair parts, when required.
- Knowledge of general shop safety, lock out tag out and (PPE) personal protective equipment and laser safety.
- This position will also be responsible for performing facility, processing and QC equipment maintenance.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings, electrical schematics and work instructions.
- Understanding of laser components; optics, vacuum pumps, high voltage power supplies and current control circuitry.
- Understanding of manufacturing computer applications.
- CAD experience a plus.
- The ability to use DVOM, oscilloscopes, function generators and watt meters.
- Time management skills, must be able to multitask.
- Minimum 5 yrs experience industrial mechanical maintenance in manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Military service a plus