Machine Maintenance Technician -3rd
Townsend, Massachusetts | Contract
Job Purpose and Duties:
- Repairs and maintains machinery, mechanical/electrical equipment through inspection, troubleshooting, and evaluation to determine root cause of problems.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Cleans and lubricates parts, orders replacement parts, inspects completed repairs and returns equipment to specifications.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- Works under minimal supervision and may occasionally assist in orienting and training lower level employees.
- Duties and tasks at this level are frequently non-routine with intermediate mechanical complexity and training time require
- Knowledge: Knowledge of machine tools and their use, mechanical aptitude, knowledge of basic electrical and electronic repairs; ability to read and understand manuals and schematics.
- Skills: Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; verbal communication skills.
- Abilities: Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy; detail oriented; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years previous maintenance experience in a production environment.
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Computer certification(s).
Must pass background check and be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.