Engineering Assistant - 1st Shift
Lowell, Massachusetts | Contract
Do you have strong working knowledge of RF and Microwave products? Do you have experience with test, measurements, troubleshooting, and products that operate from DC to 50 GHz? This job could be for you!
Our client in Northern Massachusetts is seeking an Engineering Assistant. This role will consist of tuning, test, troubleshooting, measurements and working both in a 50-Ohm and 75-Ohm environment.
- Thorough understanding of microwave measurements (IP3, IP2, P1dB, harmonics, DC and/or RF pulse power, S-Parameters inclusive of balances, noise figure, ACPR, EVM, bit-error rate, jitter, (using eye diagrams), switching speed, conversion loss/gain, isolation, group delay, composite triple beat, composite second order, and stability testing.)
- Must have working knowledge of operation and test set ups using spectrum and network analyzers, mixed signal and sampling oscilloscopes, signal and pulse generators, curve tracers, noise figure meters, power supplies, power meters, SMU' s and multi-meters. Wafer probing and testing on die is required.
- Must have a thorough understanding/practical knowledge working with the Smith Chart for impedance, noise, and power matching.
- Strong working knowledge with driver amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, power amplifiers, buffer amplifiers, digital and analog attenuators both serial and parallel, dividers, detectors, frequency multipliers, VCO’ s, mixers, modulators/demodulators, multi-function modules, digital and analog phase shifters, switches, PIN diodes, and synthesizers.
- Background must consist of working both in a 50-Ohm and 75-Ohm environment.
- Knowledge and use of laser to cut out MMIC circuitry desirable
- Working knowledge of Keysight VEE desirable
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint a must
- Associate’ s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from an accredited school and 5-7 years' of experience is required to be considered for this role
- Some OT will be required from time to time
- Must be a US citizen or hold a green card / secret clearance may be required in the future
Great opportunity to work for a growing local company! Long term temporary role.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.