Electro-Mechanical Assembler III - 1st
Merrimack, New Hampshire | Contract
Our client is currently seeking Electro-Mechanical Assemblers that will be required to assemble, inspect and perform acceptance testing on complex electro-mechanical-optical systems.
To accomplish this effectively, the Electro-Mechanical Assemblers must work independently from: engineering drawings, engineering changes, bills of material, work instructions, test procedures and production schedules. The Electro-Mechanical Assemblers are also required to fault isolate manufacturing or workmanship defects and initiate corrective action. Disassembly, fault isolation and repair of product in a repair depot location may also be required.
- Perform all required electro-mechanical or opto-mechanical assembly, alignment or calibration of sub-assembly or system level hardware. This activity will be accomplished in accordance with engineering drawings, schematics, work instructions and quality standards.
- May work directly with test engineering, fault isolate and repair warranty or customer-owned product in a repair depot environment using customer supplied failure reports, engineering drawings or repair manuals as a general guide.
- Set up test equipment to perform acceptance inspection to assure compliance with drawing and contractual requirements.
- Perform required acceptance testing in accordance with approved Acceptance Test Procedures or other engineering documents with Engineering assistance, if necessary.
- Perform basic diagnostics and fault isolation, as necessary.
- Implement corrective action to improve product reliability.
- May be required to use and operate electro-optical test equipment and complex tools and fixtures.
- Using a computer, assist in preparing assembly, alignment or repair work instructions.
- Identify and participate in the development of special tooling and subsequent production proof.
- Must be able to perform all subordinate tasks required to accomplish the above duties and perform other related duties as required.
- Maintain accurate logs and records.
- Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
- Assist other employees in learning new duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing complex electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, major assemblies and systems.
- Must be capable of working independently from engineering drawings, schematics, performance specifications, quality standards and customer repair orders.
- Intermediate-level computer operations skills required for access to technical data or other required documents.
- May be required to wear a company-provided respirator in order to perform some job functions.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.