• The Electro Mechanical Test Technician uses a variety of standard laboratory tools, including oscilloscopes, signal generators, multi meters, software, and spectrum analyzers to evaluate and test product. Our products include small, high performance DC motors, amplifiers, and controls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Outstanding communication skills are a requirement for this position. A successful candidate will be able to communicate both verbally and in writing with both team members and our customers.
• Must be able to follow written test instructions and complete test forms with results
• Candidate will be working with both new production and our Customer’ s upgrades / returns. It is important that the candidate be able to summarize test findings and recommend replacement parts
• Must be able to work directly from analog and digital schematics
• Familiarity with basic industrial electric I/O is required
• Travel is not required for this position
Direct reports: None
• Minimum Associates Engineering degree is preferred, but we will consider significant direct work experience as equivalent to an Engineering degree.
• 2-5 years previous industry-related experience. Fast paced Automotive and Semiconductor backgrounds will also be considered
• Open to continuous change with the ability to learn new skills
• Prior experience in the laser marking industry is considered a very strong plus
• Self-motivated, self-starter, strong work ethic, self-advocate
• Strong communication skills, including a strong English language capability
• Able to function (often simultaneously) as an individual contributor or team
• Must be fluent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Light mechanical assembly, using small tools and torque wrenches is required. Candidate must have good hand dexterity and be able to occasionally perform work under magnification
• J-STD-001 soldering certification is considered a strong plus. This position occasionally requires surface mount rework.
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, the candidate must be either a US Citizen or Greencard holder
• Mild lifting of materials and supplies are required. Candidates must be comfortable lifting up to 25 lbs.