Peabody, Massachusetts | Contract
Provides general corporate paralegal assistance to general counsel and business and functional unit leaders. Provides SEC support, including Section 16 Form 4 filings and 8K filings. Performs patent and IP support. Provides support for Corporate Secretary.
- Drafts routine documents, reports, and correspondence and assists in preparing legal and other related documents. Reviews, analyzes, and organizes documents for legal matters. Assists with the investigation of legal matters. May investigate claims and make recommendations as to their disposition.
- Assists in the discharge of duties of the legal department, including but not limited to litigation, intellectual property protection, corporate transactions, SEC compliance, corporate secretarial responsibilities, and communication with government agencies.
- Assists Secretary in support of company board, including drafting of minutes, resolutions, agenda, notices and presentations; and producing board materials.
- Assists with the preparation of SEC filings. Prepares and files legal documents with appropriate entities. Conducts research projects as directed. May review and ensure the Company’ s compliance with regulations. Assists in gathering, organizing, summarizing, and indexing legal and supporting documentation.
- Assists in analyzing internal documents.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’ s degree, paralegal certification, or equivalent work experience and three or more years of related experience.
Excellent communication, decision-making, and analytical skills. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects; function effectively with senior executive and board members; and work independently. Must possess ability to communicate, manage, and build relationships with corporate clients. Solid computer skills required, including: (a) the ability to conduct legal research on various areas using various resources, including information from the websites of the various Secretaries of State; (b) the use of Microsoft Word for consistent formatting of legal documents and use of automatic reference and table of contents tools; and (c) familiarity with database and document management software.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings