Westborough, Massachusetts | Contract
The role of the Buyer is responsible for the review and execution of sourcing requirements generated by weekly MRP material requirements and to report status to key Customer Focus Team (“ CFT”) members. Mentor and support the development of buyers at levels I and II.
Your Responsibilities in this role:
- End-to-end management of assigned commodities including, but not limited to, build-to print
- PCBs, components, plastics and sheet metal, including sourcing and negotiation of non-contracted parts.
- Run, execute, manage and status the MRP Action Report Form (MAR) in APEX, while being the liaison for customer interface.
- Responsible to advise the Purchase Price Variance (PPV) based on material availability to the program manager.
- As part of the E&O mitigation process, work with supplier & program manager for reduction and/or return opportunities of material.
- Resolution of non-conforming material (“ NCM”) disposition.
- Work directly with assigned customer focus team to report material status for all related material of assigned programs.
- Ensure that companies supply chain strategy and objectives are incorporated in the solicitation and supplier selection processes.
- Support NPI (New Product Introduction), as necessary.
- Participate in product cost reduction initiatives, lead-time reviews, and other special projects as necessary.
- Support and follow all ISO standards related to OnCore’ s various Quality Management Systems. These systems may include, but are not limited to, quality, the environment, health, safety and security.
- Support all corporate and site 6S objectives.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and familiarity with EMS supply chain and distribution network.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize based upon deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player and highly motivated.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.