Merrimack, New Hampshire | Contract
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES
Responsible for Purchasing a wide variety of nonstandard, specialized and custom equipment and materials requiring knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical product specifications and sources of supply.
- Works under the direction of a more senior buyer planner or manager to adjust deliveries in order to maximize cash flow.
- With the guidance of more senior level staff, determines supplier capabilities and works with multiple suppliers to establish a competitive environment.
- Has basic understanding of how MRP works and the interaction with other Oracle modules.
- Releases orders to the shop and suppliers with more discreet scheduling than suggested to optimize inventory levels. Capable of setting up Kanbans with assistance.
- Prioritizes multiple items thru inspection and internal suppliers. Coordinates resources to expedite competing priorities.
- Able to effectively interact with team members. Can create written and verbal reports and may deliver presentations with some management involvement. Communicates internal problems or issues to managers.
- With guidance from supervisor or more senior level Buyer Planner, reviews data and understands how the information affects program success.
- Cooperates with coworkers and helps team leader meet goals. Shares information and ideas with the team. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities.
- Completes scheduled basic status reporting and notifies management of any issues that may impact customer delivery or quality.
- With assistance, may perform a basic price analysis.
A Bachelor' s/Associates Degree in Business Administration and 1-2 years experience in Purchasing, Production Control, Inventory Control. American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification a plus. Knowledge of Oracle system also a plus.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.