Manchester, New Hampshire | Contract
TITLE: Quote Buyer
Job Overview: Under the supervision of the Purchasing Director, the Quote Buyer procures raw materials via purchase orders through the MRP system as well as utilizes quote software to quote Assemblies.
Detail of Responsibilities:
- Be able to utilize quote software, manipulate results (spreadsheet format) into quote for a customer.
- Maintains inventory levels of purchased parts to commensurate with corporate inventory turn goals
- Expedites raw material as needed to maintain the production schedule and on time goals
- Interfaces with vendors, customers and internal personnel as required
- Negotiates pricing and terms with vendors for the lowest possible pricing and delivery requirements
- MRB Material disposition
- Maintenance of Customer Data including Part Masters of Raw Materials
- Other job duties and or projects within the materials group as needed
- Part of a Customer Focus Team
- 5-8 years purchasing experience in electronics
- Strong purchasing background in a Contract Mfg Environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and handle a heavy workload with changing priorities
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- ERP system experience
- Proficiency with Windows Office, Excellent Excel skills a must.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent supplier relationship management skills
- Cost Reductions
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred but not required