Accounts Receivable Clerk
Bedford, New Hampshire | Contract
Do you like working in Accounting? Do you have experience working with Accounts receivables, general ledger, credit memos, and reporting? This job could be for you!
Our client in Southern New Hampshire who is looking for an Accounts Receivables Clerk to work in a fast paced Accounting environment. Looking for candidates that have high energy and like working with numbers and customers.
- Prepares all customer invoices and approved credit memos
- Applies all cash payments
- Monitoring payment status of accounts, daily collection calls, credit limits
- Reviewing customer account balances and researches/resolves discrepancies
- Resolves customer inquiries timely
- Assists in the tracking, updating, and filing of customers’ resales certificates
- Filing of customer invoices and auditing daily shipments
- Documentation as required by J-Sox
- Releases/manages sales orders
- Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Credit research on new customers and recommending credit terms
- Determine credit hold status, new payment terms and/or changes
- Monthly, quarterly and year-end cutoffs are achieved and are properly recognized and recorded
- Reconciliation of various General Ledger accounts
- Provide coverage for Accounts Receivable Associate, if required
- Preparation of CA sales and use tax filing
- Integrity of resale certificates
- Accuracy and completeness of AR Agings, Bad Debt Reserve, and Customer Deposits
- Assesses processes and procedures for areas of improvement
- H.S. diploma or equivalent plus 5 years of experience or Associates Degree and 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable/Receivables
- Strong working knowledge of Incoterms.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Word and Excel 2010
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Oracle preferred but not required open to other accounting / MRP / ERP systems
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.