Accounts Receivable Clerk - 1st Shift
93 Lexington Drive Laconia, NH 03246 | Contract
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and processes daily cash and credit card deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily.
- Reviews and posts receipts and payments to appropriate ledgers, spreadsheets, records, and databases.
- Prepares, sorts, copies, files, and mails invoices, receipts, checks, correspondence, and other requested items.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, refunds, freight charges, cost of lost or damaged goods, bad checks, and similar items.
- Answers accounts payable and receivable inquiries and follows up.
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
- Audits freight bills against freight manifests.
- Analyzes vendor accounts.
- Prepares analysis and summaries of accounts.
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure payments are accurate and timely.
- Assist in monthly and annual closings.
- Must be able to do the following tasks associated with an AP/AR function: auditing, coding, scheduling payments, preparing weekly vendor check runs, file maintenance, cash forecasting, and assisting various accounting functions
- Consistently, regularly and predictably at work and on time.
Current Mon-Fri hours: 8: 00am-5: 00pm