Accounts Payable Specialist
Merrimack, New Hampshire | Contract
Accounts Payable Specialist
Performs a variety of related Accounts Payable support tasks to help assure that vendors are paid properly and on a timely basis. Compiles, verifies, summarizes, and records data as required for the proper maintenance of the Accounts Payable system. Investigates, recommends, and takes necessary action to resolve discrepancies.
- Research inquiries from vendors regarding apparent delinquent payments, investigate to determine cause or conditions regarding payment timing, coordinate corrective action where necessary and provide appropriate information to vendor.
- Review, verify, record, and compile various types of accounting and statistical data using standard prescribed methods, tabulated lists, reports, sub? ledgers, journal vouchers, and verbal instructions.
- Interpret information from a variety of Accounts Payable related documents such as invoices, purchase orders, and inspection and receiving reports to verify and determine data to be entered.
- Investigate apparent delays in the flow of Accounts Payable related documents with personnel in Purchasing, requisitioning departments, inspection, and receiving areas. Identify causes for delays and expedite corrective action for timely processing.
- Prepare and process the intercompany invoices while updating the related excel project tracking spreadsheets. Work closely with the Controller, AP Manager, and Project Managers to reconcile accounts which requires a high level of accounting knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prepare and process the weekly check runs as scheduled for standard and wire payments. Prioritize the vendor payments to take full advantage of cash discounts offered, special terms, and high priority vendors.
- Process expense reimbursements, assist in setting up and training new users, assist in the batch imports into Oracle Accounts Payable and process the payment batch as required.
- Assist in the preparation of accounting statements, reconciliations, and reports to develop solutions to a variety of accounting problems. Be proactive in communicating action items to the respective employees to assist in the reconciliation process.
- Support audits by external financial auditing team, government agencies, and internal parties.
- Ensure proper signature authority and approval level exists on all invoices before processing for payment.
- Inform Manager on work flow, controls, policies, procedures, and potential problems.
- Assist in testing and implementation of approved revisions in accounting systems processes and procedures.
- Train and assist Accounts Payable employees in the performance of their duties. May be required to assign work based on priorities, complexity of work and ability of individuals.
- Assist in the preparation of special accounting reports and analytical reviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education requirements consist of an Associates Degree in accounting or related discipline and five years of accounting or accounts payable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.