Accounts Payable Clerk
Bedford, New Hampshire | Contract
Do you like working in Accounting? Do you have experience working with Accounts payable' s, processing check runs, reconciliation, and reporting? This job could be for you!
Our client in Southern New Hampshire who is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to work in a fast paced Accounting environment. Looking for candidates that have high energy and like working with numbers and customers.
- Processing, vouchering and posting of vendor invoices into the accounts payable system
- Process weekly A/P check runs, imatching checks to invoices
- Maintain all invoices after payment
- Will prepare all checks and related backup for signoff
- Reconcile vendor statements and reconcile ledger to the general ledger
- Determine which vendors/invoices should be paid to take advantage of cash discounts. Print all checks, copy and attach backup
- Collect, review, and enter expense reports for reimbursement
- Assist other departments as needed
- Resolve all vendor inquiries
- Review and challenge all invoices that are unusual
- Prepare all monthly accruals
- Meet quarter and year-end cut off reporting schedules as well as prepare monthly and quarterly reports
- Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Preparation of appropriate documentation (familiar with J-Sox)
- Back up to Accounts Receivable when needed
- H.S. diploma or equivalent plus 5 years of experience or Associates Degree and 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable/Receivables
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Word and Excel 2010
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Oracle preferred but not required open to other accounting / MRP / ERP systems
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.